Warehouse Shift Leader
c£30,000 – 32,500
Monday to Friday 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00 – 22:00 rotating
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic warehousing operation in a management position with genuine scope for progression? MVP’s client, a national logistics business with an excellent reputation, is currently seeking an experienced individual to join its management team at a busy distribution centre in Essex.
In this role, you’ll proactively lead, motivate and empower the warehouse operational team to deliver a smooth, efficient and professional operation, achieving all agreed service KPIs, operational deadlines and budget levels. You’ll also work as part of a team to ensure the maintenance of Food Safety and Hygiene legislative requirements across the warehouse facility. Other responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation and delivery of the overall operational strategy
- Effectively manage resources to maximise utilisation of space and resources
- Recruit, train and motivate Team Leaders to provide a flexible team who achieve KPIs consistently
- Proactively manage risk and Health & Safety regulations across the warehouse teams on shift
- Performance management – involvement in disciplinary and grievance processes
- Support the Operations Manager with the creation and implementation of process improvements
Experience & skills required:
- Proven experience of building and managing teams in fast-paced warehouse operations
- Preferred background is large-scale third-party logistics warehouse operations. Retail logistics or FMCG warehouse management background also considered.
- Excellent motivational and leadership abilities.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of producing and reporting on KPIs
- Strong IT skills – ideally, will have knowledge and experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Previous exposure of working to financial targets, contributing to budget planning
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation