Warehouse Operations Manager
Package: Dependent on experience and skills but up to c£55,000 + benefits
Are you an experienced manager of warehouse operations looking for an opportunity to bring your knowledge, skills and passion for warehouse best practice to a role where you’ll have overall responsibility for an existing operation?
MVP is partnering with a dynamic, award-winning business, providing bespoke services across events, brand activations and unique experiences across the globe to its loyal client-base. The group’s logistics operations are integral to providing its clients with the seamless delivery of services they’ve come to expect and, to further develop its operations, the business is now looking to appoint a talented Warehouse Operations Manager to lead and develop all activities, people and processes across its purpose-built warehouse.
You’ll work closely with the senior management team and other business departments to lead and develop an efficient and cost-effective warehouse operation across all activities - inbound, storage, pick, pack and dispatch. You will proactively manage a team of people, providing effective leadership and ensuring your teams are engaged, motivated and empowered to deliver an excellent service to your customers. You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Managing and developing your team, identifying training opportunities and ensuring all team members are clear on role responsibilities and accountabilities
- Promoting and maintaining excellent Health and Safety standards
- Creating, managing and reporting on KPIs to measure and drive performance improvements and efficiencies across the operation
- Identifying and recommending opportunities for continuous improvement and change initiatives
- Management of warehouse-based IT including the WMS – making recommendations for continuous improvements
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience of managing fast-paced warehouse operations (FMCG, retail, food etc)
- Strong knowledge of warehouse operational best practice
- Proven people management skills – able to motivate, engage and lead a team to deliver exceptional results
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and best practice for warehouse operations
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities
- Able to demonstrate previous achievements in process improvements and change across warehouse operations
- Previous experience of WMS systems. Excellent IT skills and analytical abilities, focused on delivering data-driven results
- Financial aptitude and cost-control abilities
- Collaborative working style, able to work cross-functionally across the business
- A really positive, can-do approach and the ability to work both strategically and in a hands-on way to support your team and the operation
This role will offer a good deal of scope to the successful candidate, with the opportunity to shape and develop the role within an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation.