£Competitive salary & benefits
Are you passionate about developing highly engaged teams who can consistently deliver great results in a warehouse environment? Do you constantly look for improved ways of working, more efficient processes and opportunities to streamline existing operations?
In this role, you’ll proactively manage all warehousing operations across a fast-paced distribution centre, providing effective leadership and ensuring your team is engaged and empowered to deliver an excellent service to all customers. You’ll ensure that all day to day aspects of the operation are managed proactively, to include the following:
- Ensuring all KPIs are met and exceeded where possible
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, ensure that accurate financial targets are both set and met
- Driving continuous improvement within the operations under your control
- Managing, coaching and developing your team, identifying key individuals for the future and ensuring a strong plan for succession
- Promoting and maintaining excellent Health and Safety standards
- Play a key role in site projects and change initiatives.
Experience & skills required:
- Significant previous experience of managing fast-paced warehouse operations (FMCG, retail, food etc)
- Able to demonstrate real achievements in managing and developing people – you’ll need excellent motivational capabilities.
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Commercially-focused with previous knowledge of P&L/budgets, strong financial acumen.
- Previous experience and experience of WMS systems. Excellent IT skills and analytical abilities
- Previous experience of project management (ideally)
- An understanding of lean management and continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and evolving logistics business that is experiencing sustained growth.