£competitive salary + car allowance & benefits
Defined career progression available
Excellent chance to join a dynamic national logistics business in a role with defined scope for progression. MVP’s client is currently seeking an experienced operations management professional to join its team at a fast-paced distribution centre in Wiltshire.
In this role, you’ll proactively manage all warehousing and transport operations across the distribution centre, providing effective leadership and ensuring your teams are engaged and empowered to deliver an excellent service to all customers. You’ll ensure that all day to day aspects of the operation are managed proactively, to include the following:
- Ensuring all KPIs are met and exceeded where possible
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, ensure that accurate financial targets are both set and met
- Driving continuous improvement within the operations under your control
- Managing and developing your team, identifying key individuals for the future
- Promoting and maintaining excellent Health and Safety standards
- Play a key role in site projects, continuous improvement and change initiatives
- Assist in gaining and maintaining accreditation to BRC standard.
Experience & skills required:
- Significant previous experienced of managing fast-paced warehouse and transport operations (FMCG, retail, food etc)
- Able to demonstrate real achievements in managing and developing people – you’ll need excellent motivational capabilities.
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Commercially-focused with previous knowledge of P&L/budgets, strong financial acumen.
- Previous experience of WMS systems. Excellent IT skills and analytical abilities.
- Ideally - International CPC qualification
- Previous experience of project management
- An understanding of lean management and continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and evolving logistics business that is experiencing sustained growth.