South Midlands (flexible remote working available)
Competitive package available
An excellent opportunity to join a global manufacturing business in a challenging, varied role with scope to develop and progress. As UK&I Logistics Development Manager, you’ll play an integral role in the Supply Chain Management team, leading and developing logistics activities throughout the UK and Ireland. You’ll manage a small team, ensuring excellent service at optimal cost for all customers and internal stakeholders. You’ll also play a major part in business projects and change initiatives.
- Manage all UK & IE logistics agreements & performance with service providers to ensure excellent performance at optimum cost. Scope includes several warehouses across geographical markets.
- Ensure all operational processes are in place and continually improved to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for the planning, proposal, execution and adherence to logistics spend for UK & Ireland.
- Conduct analysis on service levels and key metric performance.
- Lead and/or participate in supply chain projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders (logistics service providers customs agent, regional management team etc.)
- Manage, coach & develop a small team responsible for day-to-day execution of logistics services.
- Work closely with supply planning and customer service teams to ensure resource is in place to manage operational volumes and throughput.
- Lead the coordination of all necessary import and customs clearance activities.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills – you will need the following:
- Strong degree, Supply Chain or Business related
- Progressive career to date in the supply chain and logistics sector
- Direct previous experience of managing service providers – contract negotiations, service level and performance management
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Excel is essential, functional knowledge of SAP or similar ERP also preferred, WMS, Track & Trace tools
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills. Able to communicate outcomes of analysis clearly and effectively.
- Ideally – formal knowledge of project management methodology & qualifications eg Prince 2
- Great communication and influencing skills. Strong ability to negotiate with service suppliers.
- Previous people management experience.
On offer is a competitive salary/package and the chance to join this global business in a leadership role with progression opportunities.