Up to £35,000 + bonus OTE £37,500
Proactive Transport Planning Supervisor required for a challenging position with a successful national logistics business. In this role you will lead, plan, organize and optimize the company’s transport network to deliver a class leading service for its customers.
- Optimise service performance and plan vs actual analysis
- Control of cost considerations for trunking and subcontraction decisions
- Engage with the senior team at each site to handover daily responsibilities of the plan
- KPI reports
- Control of assets to assure realignment of trailer resources allowing optimal planning
- Management of the Central Functions; motivate, guide and further develop the team
- Working closely with HR, manage resourcing and retention for your team, along with all other HR related matters, such as; performance and absence management, discipline and employee wellbeing.
- P&L functions / meet and exceed KPI targets both for service and cost
- Management of the networks subcontraction base, ensuring compliance in cost, safety and service.
- Work with Finance to setup new hauliers and agree terms of engagement.
- Produce improvement plans for internal/external customers if service levels are lower than required
- Support the commercial function in the production of solutions and costs for new/existing customers
- Development of strategic relationships that may be backed with formal SLA agreements with regional hauliers to provide committed cover for loads to certain geographies
- Lead the development of the TS solution to handle both trunk and subcontracting planning
Person Specification and Skills
- Knowledgeable within specialism: Geographical awareness, health and safety, driver hours, load weight restrictions etc.
- Proven team management experience, evidence of leading a team and developing people
- Must have experience within a previous Traffic Planning environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy
- Comfortable using multiple computer applications and proficient in Microsoft Office
- A CPC qualification or Transport Diploma would be advantageous
The successful candidate will enjoy a positive and dynamic working environment, together with the opportunity to progress your career in this ambitious business.