What this role is:
An opportunity to join a dynamic, large scale distribution operation in a rewarding role responsible for the planning of all outbound and backhaul movements. Managing a small team, you’ll provide an effective driver resource plan, as well as the operational plan, ensuring service levels are maintained and that the operation is planned to comply with all relevant legislation.
There will also be a focus on continuous improvement and you’ll work on developing current processes and proactively seeking departmental improvements and cost reductions.
- Volume level review and planning
- Cost effective planning and resourcing
- Effective reporting with continuous improvement cost saving identification
- Accurate financial reporting for department
- Backhaul implementation, planning and review
- Driver rota and resourcing
What you’ll bring to the table:
Proven experience of planning fast-moving transport and distribution operations using Paragon. A deep knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements for transport operations and extensive knowledge of Health & Safety requirements. You’ll also need to be an advanced user of MS Excel, together with great IT skills generally.
Key to this role will be your strong planning skills and abilities, people management and knowledge of legislative compliance around transport operations and the WTD in particular. Also:
- Resilience, ability to deliver results in a demanding, pressurised distribution environment
- Previous experience of transport management systems and technology – Paragon, Tachomaster, Microlise
- Strong influencing and motivational abilities
- Strong Health & Safety focus – IOSH preferred
Working Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 07:00 – 15:00
This is an excellent opportunity to move into a challenging position where you can make a real difference, and with opportunities to progress further.