Are you a natural problem solver with great planning and communication skills? Do you want to join a fast-growing, dynamic and very friendly team in a supportive environment with opportunities for further development and progression?
MVP’s client is a global logistics business with a strong track record of success and an enviable client base. Their UK business is growing at a rate of 20% year on year and, as a result, they are currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join their team as a Transport Planner. In this role, you’ll proactively plan and manage collections and deliveries around their UK network on behalf of their blue-chip client base, as well as seeking out opportunities to develop existing processes and reporting on the performance of the distribution network.
Ideally, you will be educated to degree level (a logistics/transport/supply chain/business management related degree would be great, but is not absolutely essential). You will need:
- Previous experience in a planning capacity within transport/distribution/logistics environments
- Strong analytical skills and abilities – able to analyse the transport budget and realise cost savings
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Really strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyse the transport budget, identify and realise cost savings
- Strong IT capabilities – particularly MS Excel
- Desirable but not essential – some knowledge of process improvement methodologies – Six Sigma/Lean
This is an excellent chance to join this ambitious business and there will be real opportunities to progress for the successful candidate.
Salary: Up to c£30,000 + benefits