Salary: Up to c£28,000 + benefits
Monday to Friday, days-based position
Note – there will be a requirement to be available 1 weekend in 5 on a rota basis.
Additional payment is made for this.
Are you a natural problem solver with great planning and communication skills? Do you want to join a fast-growing, dynamic and very friendly team in a supportive environment with opportunities for further development and progression?
MVP’s client is a global logistics business with a strong track record of success and an enviable client base. Their UK business is growing at a rate of 20% year on year and, as a result, they are currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to join their team as a Transport Planner. In this role, you’ll proactively plan and manage collections and deliveries around their UK network on behalf of their blue-chip client base, as well as seeking out opportunities to develop existing processes and reporting on the performance of the distribution network.
Ideally, you will be educated to A Level standard and will have previous experience of working within a transport / distribution / logistics environment. You will also need:
- Strong analytical skills and abilities
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Really strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyse the transport budget, identify and realise cost savings – in conjunction with the Logistics Manager
- Strong IT capabilities – particularly MS Excel
- Good ability to define and manage processes
- Customer-facing skills and abilities
This is an excellent chance to join this ambitious business and there will be opportunities to progress for the successful candidate.