Lincolnshire – commutable from Sleaford, Spalding, Skegness, Boston
Salary: Up to c£27,000 + benefits – dependent on experience
Monday to Friday + out of hours on call (paid additionally)
Are you a natural problem solver with great planning and communication skills? Do you want to join a growing, dynamic and very friendly team in a supportive environment with opportunities for further development and progression?
MVP’s client is an award-winning logistics business with a strong track record of success and ambitions to grow further. As a result of their growth, they are currently looking to add to their existing team of Transport Planners, based at their site in Lincolnshire. In this role, you’ll proactively plan and manage collections and deliveries around the UK on behalf of their blue-chip client base. You’ll work with the driving team and all available resources to ensure that the transport operation is planned and managed effectively and safely, adhering to all legislative requirements.
Ideally, you will have previous experience gained within a transport, distribution or logistics operational environment. You’ll be a natural problem-solver and creative thinker, able to work with the existing team to deliver excellent results across the distribution operation. You will also need:
- Strong analytical skills and abilities
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Really strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong IT capabilities – particularly MS Excel. Previous experience of Transport Management Systems will be an advantage
- Able to develop and maintain great working relationships with the management team, drivers and suppliers
- Flexibility and ability to work between the hours of 06:30 – 19:00 (40 hours per week)
On offer is the opportunity to join this progressive business in a challenging, rewarding role within a supportive environment.