Transport Operations Manager
£competitive package available
Experienced, proactive and well-organized Transport Operations Manager required to lead all transport operations at a busy distribution site. You’ll manage day to day transport requirements across all own fleet and sub-contracted operations. You’ll be responsible for delivering demanding P&L targets and will be accountable for maintaining and improving on operational KPIs.
You’ll have previous experience of successfully managing transport operations and will be a natural leader, able to inspire and motivate your team to deliver a fully compliant and best-in-class distribution operation. You’ll also need:
- CPC National/International qualification
- Exceptional management and leadership qualities in order to motivate, inspire and develop your teams
- Commercial skills and some previous experience of controlling finances within a transport operation
- Sound knowledge of legislation surrounding road transport operations
- Strong knowledge of H&S management and compliance
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Very PC Literate - Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience of TMS systems.
The successful candidate will enjoy a positive and dynamic working environment, together with real opportunities to progress your career in this ambitious business.