Commutable from High Wycombe, Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Luton and Hatfield
An exciting opportunity to join a growth logistics business to manage all aspects of their distribution operation with key focus on their transport operation. The role will be to ensure that company service levels, safety and legal compliance are applied at all times.
- Ensure all business activities always remains legal and compliant with specific reference to DVSA and H&S legislation and any violations or risks are reported to the GM with immediate effect.
- Ensure driver and vehicle utilisation meets and exceeds targets.
- Aim for and ultimately maintain FORS Gold.
- Become a Regulated Air Cargo Agent.
- Become part of the DVSA earned recognitions scheme.
- Acquire the following ISO’s: ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management), ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management).
- Work with the GM, MD and the Finance Department to source new environmentally friendly vehicles for the fleet.
- Improving driver performance.
- Owning driver training.
The ideal candidate will have previous transport management experience together with a CPC qualification. Knowledge of freight forwarding and shipping container will be of advantage.