Based at this large distribution centre, this is an exciting & challenging position for a Transport Line Manager who will be pivotal to delivering the varied and time critical activities for a successful operation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Previous transport management experience gained in an fmcg environment.
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation.
- The ability to plan labour and resource.
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator.
- PC literate in Excel and Word
This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a ‘customer service’ personal approach to the job.
There is a need for flexibility but the position will be working rotating early and late shifts (no nights) on a ‘5 from 7’ working basis.