Commutable from Enfield, Walthamstow, Ilford, Borehamwood and Wembley
A leading UK manufacturer is seeking an individual to manage all aspects of their distribution operation with key focus on the transport operation. The role will be to ensure that company service levels, safety and legal compliance are applied at all time.
- Manage and motivate a large team to achieve daily output objectives and KPI’s.
- Ensure that there is sufficient fleet resource to meet site targets together with managing all vehicle maintenance.
- Prepare annual operating budgets for all distribution activities.
- Ensure that customer requirements are fulfilled to the highest economical standard at all times.
- Implement all relevant warehouse and transport related standards and procedures.
- Lead planning and strategy meetings to formulate the direction and nature of the site.
The ideal candidate will have previous warehouse and transport management experience together with a CPC qualification. Knowledge of chilled, frozen or ambient food would be of advantage. Candidates must have experience working with trade unions.