Salary up to £24,000 + benefits
**Candidates must be able to work both day and night shifts**
MVP’s client, a major food processing business, is currently looking to appoint two Transport Controllers for its busy transport operation at its site in Derby. Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be assisting in the smooth running of all transport operations, managing information and controlling all distribution activities.
- Control the departure of multi-drop drivers, distribution vehicles and loads
- Control the activities of transport team members, controlling holiday bookings and personnel documentation
- Manage the Tachograph operation of all users
- Collate and monitor working hours, ensuring compliance with all relevant transport legislation
- Provide support to the transport teams, deputise for the Transport Manager as required
- Report on all KPIs for the transport operation
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Track record of providing professional support in a transport office environment – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of transport/driver hours and regulations
- Working geographical knowledge of the UK and the motorway network
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
There are progression opportunities available for the successful candidates, and the opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive environment.