Brilliant opportunity to join an exciting, award-winning start-up serving healthy, ready to eat meals directly to its health-conscious customer base across the UK. To support its growth plans, they are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join their production team as Technical Manager. Based in North London, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and lead all food safety and quality systems and processes including HACCP, allergen control, legal labeling and product specifications.
What you’ll do:
- Take a leading role in developing all policy areas across the manufacturing operation.
- Drive continuous improvements in quality, owning and managing customer complaint feedback loops to ensure issues are dealt with promptly
- Build, manage and maintain the product recall and withdrawal procedures
- Be the technical lead for the production site, working closely with the Head of Production
- Develop and implement KPIs to build and manage quality improvement programmes across production, from raw goods to finished products and packaging
- Build and manage quality improvement programmes with suppliers to support unexpected changes within the supply chain
- Assist with quality due diligence and supplier validation for new suppliers and ingredients
- Develop and manage technical controls within all NPD and launch processes.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills – you will need the following:
- Ideally - degree-educated in food science or nutrition
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing technical operations within a food production environment; auditing, allergen management and technical challenges
- Technical qualifications – HACCP and Food Safety - Level 3 minimum
- Strong understanding of a variety of food manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of food safety including microbiology and legal regulations
- Experience or understanding on NPD or process development
- Voracious learner, scientifically curious
- Natural ability to organize effectively, plan and track projects in a high pace environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive mindset and outlook
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
The business believes in continuously challenging the status quo by innovating and improving. The business is expected to grow and develop quickly and this is an excellent chance to join at this early stage in their journey, with associated opportunities for career progression.
Package – negotiable, to include share options, free healthy lunches & breakfasts