Commutable from Barking, Wembley, Harlow, Brentwood, Hatfield, Walthamstow and Enfield
An excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer who are seeking a Technical Manager to lead the sites technical strategy and quality plans.
- Ensure the site is fit for the future through collaborative work with the site senior team and central/ peer technical teams to ensure alignment in strategic & tactical plans with business strategy.
- Ensure local management of food safety, legality & quality incidents and accountability for decision making for product withdrawal. Where necessary, consulting with Technical Operations Team.
- Ensure successful new product development and processes; delivering compliance to product specifications.
- Ensure that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to in order to deliver consistent quality performance and good manufacturing practice in-line with company & industry standards.
- Oversee effective management of pest control and legionella control.
- Manage, develop, motivate and train the technical department through effective coaching, regular feedback and appraisals in line with the company frameworks.
- Manage the technical budget to meet forecast targets for labour, materials, overheads.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in technical management within a food manufacturing environment. Knowledge of retailer standards, auditing, writing processes and HACCP is essential for this opportunity.