Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, West Bromwich and Tamworth
An excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer who are seeking a Technical Manager to lead, manage and develop the Technical Department at site through a continuous improvement approach, involving monitoring of all products, processes and site standard at best cost.
- Ensure local management of food safety incidents, being accountability for decision making for product withdrawal.
- Management of systems to ensure compliance to company and regulatory standards concerning food safety, hygiene and quality.
- Development, monitoring and reviewing of performance targets within Technical Services. Using National Key Performance Indicators to improve areas such as consumer complaint levels, product shelf life, pest control management, QAS results, accident numbers, audit scores and site balanced scorecard.
- Prepare, justify and manage department labour and material costs ensuring the department runs efficiently and effectively within or on agreed budgetary targets.
- Management, development, motivation and training of staff through effective coaching. Regular feedback and appraisals in line with the company functional competency framework.
- Development of defined working practices to deliver continuous improvement in environmental hygiene and regular validation of these cleaning practices. Setting targets to focus and motivate Hygiene Team and promoting best practice cleaning.
- To provide safe systems of work and common approaches to ensure the safety of all teams through clear guidance and training.
- Lead the management of audits and implementation of any corrective actions involving members of the management team where appropriate
- Act as the Site technical best practice champions integrating standards/policies into manufacturing operations.
- Management of the processes for new product introduction to site.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in technical management within a food manufacturing environment. Knowledge of retailer standards, auditing, writing processes and HACCP is essential for this opportunity.