Solutions Design & Implementation Manager - Logistics
Location: UK – can be home-based with travel to multiple depot locations. South or Midlands preferred.
£Salary & package negotiable depending on candidate
An excellent opportunity to join an award-winning, innovative logistics business in a challenging, newly created position. In this role, you’ll optimise the design of all warehouse operations across the company’s UK network, maximizing efficiencies and the use of technology, automation and systems to ensure sustained competitive advantage for the business. You’ll also develop and deliver “best in class” operational solutions to new business tenders.
You’ll work closely with key functional leads across the business (Projects, Continuous Improvement, Commercial and Strategic operations) and with customers and third-party suppliers, to establish requirements, design effective solutions and then manage the implementation and fit-out phase.
This role would suit an experienced Solutions Design Manager looking for an opportunity to join an ambitious business in a role where you can develop the function, building a team around you.
- Warehouse design experience including associated analysis and modelling activities
- Expert knowledge of warehousing operations, particularly B2C and ecommerce fulfilment activities
- Good knowledge of warehouse-related technologies and automation
- Great analytical abilities, high degree of verbal and numerical skill
- Strong knowledge of the market, competitors and best-in-class solutions
- Strong data analysis expertise
- Previous experience of working collaboratively with third party suppliers
- Effective relationship building capabilities