£Competitive package available
Are you an experienced manager of distribution operations looking for a fresh challenge and with the opportunity to develop your career further? MVP is partnering with an award-winning, innovative business to find their next Site Operations Manager for a busy and growing storage and distribution site in Lincolnshire.
In this role, you’ll proactively manage all operations at the site, providing effective leadership and ensuring your teams are engaged and empowered to deliver an effective, compliant and cost-focused operation across both warehousing and transport teams. This role will be right for you if you’re someone who is passionate about continually developing and improving the operations under your control.
- People Management – develop your direct reports and teams by recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring to deliver outstanding results
- Operations – proactively manage all warehouse and transport operations from a strategic perspective, through your teams. Report on and contribute to strategic plans.
- Customer Management – attend customer meetings, provide customer management data, work proactively with customers to continuously improve processes
- Financial Management – manage site financial objectives; forecast requirements, analyse variances, initiate corrective actions, tightly control costs
- Health & Safety – maintain and enforce standards and procedures. Lead and develop a culture of best-in-class Health & Safety practice across warehouse and transport operations
- Site Systems & Processes – develop systems by reviewing product handling, storage and transport requirements; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, inventory management, despatch and delivery
- Reporting - produce KPI and financial data reports
Experience & skills required:
- Previous experience of managing fast-paced distribution / transport / warehouse operations – ideally in a 3PL environment
- Very strong people and team management experience and abilities – able to develop a high-performing team
- Good knowledge of current HR legislation
- Natural leadership skills and abilities
- Confident and capable of presenting to the senior management team
- Previous experience of logistics systems – TMS / WMS. Excellent IT and analytical abilities.
- Health & Safety – excellent current knowledge of H&S legislation and standards and strong focus on embedding a robust Health & Safety culture within your teams
- Previous experience of contributing to and managing budgets
- CPC for Transport Managers qualification – strongly preferred
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Passionate about delivering excellence in the operations under your control
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, growing and evolving business that is experiencing sustained growth.