£competitive salary available + car allowance & bonus
Can be based either Warwickshire or Berkshire with UK travel.
MVP’s client is one of the UK’s leading supply chain and logistics consultancies, serving clients throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. With an excellent reputation and a strong client list, they are experiencing huge demand for their expertise and solutions across warehouse design and re-configuration, logistics network strategy, inventory optimization, 3PL outsourcing support and other challenges faced by their clients.
As a result of this continuing demand, the business is now looking to appoint a Senior Consultant to join its relatively small but extremely capable and high performing team. In this role, you will deliver projects of varying size and complexity across – predominantly - warehouse design and optimization. Depending on the scale and complexity of the project, you will either work as part of a project team, or on a standalone basis. You will:
- Engage with clients to obtain data, visit facilities to document current state and identify future state options
- Create and/or work within frameworks and models for comparison of future state options
- Liaise with external parties eg 3PLs, equipment vendors, property consultants etc
- Directly engage in analytical and modelling work, utilizing internal resource as appropriate
- Prepare and present project outputs to client stakeholders
- Work under your own initiative to progress projects and produce deliverables
This role is a chance to move into consultancy or to advance your consulting career.
Experience and skills required – you will need:
- A strong academic background, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline – eg Logistics, Engineering, Business Studies
- Previous experience (minimum 3 years) in a logistics environment, preferably with a solutions / change focus.Awareness of warehouse processes and involvement in warehouse automation is of particular interest.
- Understanding of logistics and supply chain management concepts
- Excel analysis and modelling skills
- PowerPoint / presentational skills
- Ability to cut through complexity and create a clear, well-written narrative
- Able to liaise effectively with stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Well developed, naturally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full, clean driving license and ability to travel within the UK
This is an excellent opportunity to join this exciting organisation in a role that will be challenging and rewarding for the successful candidate, with clearly defined opportunities to progress.