UK – can be home-based with national travel required
Excellent salary available + benefits - car allowance, pension etc
MVP’s client is an award-winning, dynamic logistics business with a diverse client base and ambitious growth plans. They are currently seeking a Strategic Account Manager to join their business. In this role, you’ll build and develop a strategic relationship with one of their key customers, working collaboratively with them to identify and deliver improvements and developments to the existing operational solution to underpin and enable continued growth.
The operations encompass a national transport, storage and distribution solution that has grown through the pandemic and continues to do so.
- Create, develop, grow and own the strategic customer relationship through shared goals, exceptional performance, problem-solving and collaboration.
- Conduct strategic reviews with the customer
- Partner with the customer and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver strategic initiatives and operational efficiencies, using continuous improvement methodologies
- Ownership of the Continuous Improvement budget for the contract – ensure contract profitability is maximized, control costs and manage financial processes and reporting
- Optimize revenue opportunities by offering the company’s full range of services to the customer
- Create and present KPIs to the customer and within the company. Identify trends and suggest ways of managing performance improvement
- Ensure DVSA regulatory compliance – build a culture of Health, Safety and Wellness
You’ll need the following experience and skills to be successful:
- Significant, progressive experience in logistics / distribution / transport management roles – ideally multi-site
- Superior customer relationship management experience and skills – strong focus on developing client relationships
- Very commercially focused and aware
- Previous financial exposure - experience of managing budgets/P&L
- CPC for Transport Managers qualification – desirable. Good knowledge of current UK transport legislation.
- Previous experience and knowledge of transport management systems
- Strong Health & Safety knowledge
- Ideally – knowledge and experience of Continuous Improvement methodology