Up to £42,000 + bonus and excellent benefits. OTE up to £49,500.
Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your knowledge and experience of purchasing and supply chain management to an integral role with an international business leading the way in its market? This dynamic business, operating within the building construction sector, offers complete solutions to its clients on a bespoke basis.
This business is exceptionally people-focused and puts its employees at the heart of all of its operations. It is one of only 78 organisations in the UK to be awarded the prestigious Investors in People Platinum award, and is the first in its sector.
The company is now looking to appoint a talented, proactive individual to manage and develop its purchasing team, stock control, supplier interactions and import procedures, as well as ensuring its purchasing strategy is in line with its corporate requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the purchasing team with full accountability for its output
- Undertake appraisals and identify training requirements
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to enable development
- Proactively manage all purchase processing
- Management of all stock – from parent company and third party suppliers
- Managing and developing import procedures
- Management of the supplier base including monitoring and assessment
- Analysis of stock holding and continuous improvement of processes to optimize cost and minimize waste
- Planning and working closely with the logistics team to co-ordinate space and incoming stock management
- Close liaison with internal departments – Sales, Product Management, Logistics
- Develop a robust purchasing strategy in line with corporate strategy
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
You’ll have proven management experience within a supply chain environment and will have developed strong knowledge of purchasing and stock control processes and procedures. You’ll be a really effective people manager, able to build and develop a high-performing team. Your management style will be diplomatic, committed and enthusiastic. You will also have:
- Knowledge of imports procedures, documentation etc
- A data -focused approach with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Really strong communication skills – able to convey confidence and build trust
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills/capabilities – advanced-level MS Office suite
This role will offer you the opportunity to join a successful, team-spirited business in a pivotal role with the opportunity to shape and deliver the company’s purchasing strategy.