Package: Up to c£50,000 / 55,000 + benefits
Your chance to join a dynamic, market-leading business as it enters an exciting period of growth and planned change. In this newly created role, you’ll be responsible for the project management function across the business, ensuring controls are in place to enable delivery of multiple projects within agreed timescales, to the highest standards and within budget. Projects in scope range from infrastructure improvements and developments to business-wide IT system implementations.
You’ll be responsible for managing and delivering projects and project programs, inspiring the project team to deliver outstanding service quality across the project portfolio. Specifically, you will:
- Identify and manage the project organisational structure, defining responsibilities.
- Identify and manage appropriate resources to undertake all required project activities.
- Provide line management for project management resources; act as a role model, build morale, promote and instil core company values and culture
- Define detailed project costs and ensure effective tracking of time, reporting accordingly.
- Oversee full financial P&L for each project.
- Create, maintain and deliver high-quality project documentation.
- Lead changes in methodology; governance and process to drive improved performance and outcomes.
- Collate monthly reports for the senior management team and the board on performance and timeline progress
Experience & skills required:
- Previous experience of managing multiple projects to a successful conclusion, ideally across infrastructure transformation and systems implementations (WMS / TMS / ERP)
- Prince2 Practitioner
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies
- Good understanding of project governance and control
- Practical experience of managing and mitigating escalations, conflicts, risks and issues
- Understanding of project accounting and budget management
- Strong documentation control experience and knowledge
- Collaborative working style, strong relationship builder
This is a brand new position and will enable you to bring your experience and passion for project management to this fast-growing business. You’ll be given autonomy to shape and develop the project management function, with ample scope to drive visible results as the business progresses through a sustained period of transformation.