Network Transport Planner
Salary: Up to c£28,000 + benefits – dependent on experience
Progression and development available!
Are you a natural problem solver with great planning, communication and IT skills? Do you want to join a growing, dynamic team in a supportive environment with clear opportunities for further development and progression?
MVP’s client is an award-winning logistics business with a strong track record of success and ambitious plans in place to continue their growth. They’re currently looking to add to their existing planning team at their site in Wiltshire. In this role, you’ll proactively plan and manage transport operations across the company’s network of depots, via a combination of its own fleet and sub-contractors. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the transport operation is planned and managed effectively and safely, adhering to all legislative requirements.
You will have previous experience of planning, ideally gained in a national transport operation, utilizing a transport management system (TMS). You’ll ideally be used to working with sub-contracted transport providers, working collaboratively to deliver a first-class service to your customers. Ideally, you will hold a CPC for Transport Managers qualification – the business will provide funding and support for this for the right individual.
You’ll be a natural problem-solver and creative thinker, able to work with the existing team to deliver excellent results across the distribution operation. You will also need:
- Strong general IT knowledge and capabilities (MS Excel, Word etc)
- Excellent team working abilities, able to instill confidence and drive in others
- Great multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers and suppliers
- Proficient in the use of TMS and route planning tools
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected
- Able to work a rotating shift – Mon – Fri – 07:00 – 16:00 / 10:00 – 19:00
On offer is the opportunity to join this ambitious, progressive business in a challenging, rewarding role with opportunities to develop further and progress your career.