National Key Account Manager (Parcels / Ecommerce)
Flexible / Remote working
Up to c£70,000 + bonus / commission
Are you excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities? MVP is partnering with a global logistics business providing international parcel delivery solutions to its blue-chip customer base. They have an opportunity for a commercially-focused and driven individual to join their team as a National Key Account Manager with specific responsibility for a portfolio of customers.
You’ll develop and grow their revenue and will be the commercial lead for each customer, developing relationships with key decision makers, managing service levels and designing strategies to retain and gain business.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the commercial lead for nominated customers
- Own and deliver on specific projects within the team
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within the most strategic and complex Key Account client base.
- Negotiate, manage & implement agreed contracts and action plans identified in order to gain additional business or protect existing business to achieve targets.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities from new customers and development from existing customers
- Present customer business plans to the senior leadership team so that plans support company objectives.
- Identify and recommend to management service enhancement initiatives in order to meet client needs and ensure that business opportunities are maximised.
- Act as a mentor for new starters & other team members
- Escalate national issues and opportunities effectively to get results.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills – you will need the following:
- Significant previous experience gained within a sales/commercial role in the logistics / ecommerce / mail / parcels sector
- Very strong sales focus and target orientation – able to identify and convert new business opportunities
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Strong information presentation skills – able to use data to provide meaningful insights in a professional manner
- Business planning skills
- Really strong communication skills – able to convey confidence and build trust with senior-level stakeholders
- Great relationship-building abilities
- Commercially-focused – able to identify and convert new business opportunities
- Strong IT skills/capabilities