£45-50,000 + Benefits (25 days’ holiday, pension)
MVP is partnering with a leading privately-owned manufacturing business to recruit a Warehouse and Distribution Manager for their Coventry site. In this role, you’ll manage all aspects of the company’s Warehouse and Transport function, as well as having overall responsibility for management of facilities and Health & Safety at the site. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop warehouse and transport functions through the warehouse and transport supervisors to achieve agreed service levels
- Improve standards in terms of goods being checked, stored and despatched correctly.
- Negotiate and manage the relationships with carriers and warehouse equipment suppliers.
- Ensure optimum layout of warehouses along with effective logistical strategy to achieve the highest rates of picking and make the best use of the space available.
- Lead the continuous review and development of warehouse standard operating procedures.
- Optimise the process for handling returned products.
- Proactively manage and develop all Health & Safety procedures for the operations.
- Maintain operating equipment to a safe and efficient level.
The ideal candidate will have a warehouse/logistics management background together with detailed knowledge of transport operations. You’ll have excellent people management skills and will be able to motivate and lead a successful team. Great planning and organisational skills are required, and you should have strong Health & Safety knowledge and experience.