An excellent opportunity to join a global manufacturing business in a challenging, varied role with scope to develop and progress. As Logistics Operations Manager, you’ll play an integral role in the Supply Chain Management team, leading logistics activities throughout the UK and Ireland. You’ll manage a small team, ensuring excellent service at optimal cost for all customers and internal stakeholders. You’ll also play a major part in business projects and change initiatives.
- Manage all UK & IE logistics agreements & performance with service providers to ensure excellent performance at optimum cost. Scope includes several warehouses across geographical markets.
- Ensure all operational processes are in place and continually improved to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for the planning, proposal, execution and adherence to logistics spend for UK & Ireland.
- Conduct analysis on service levels and key metric performance.
- Manage, coach & develop a small team responsible for day-to-day execution of logistics services.
- Work closely with supply planning and customer service teams to ensure resource is in place to manage operational volumes and throughput.
- Lead the coordination of all necessary import and customs clearance activities.
- Lead and/or participate in supply chain projects with various stakeholders (logistics service providers customs agent, regional management team etc.)
Qualifications, Experience & Skills – you will need the following:
- Strong degree, Supply Chain or Business related
- Progressive career to date in the supply chain sector
- Direct previous experience of managing service providers – contract negotiations, service level and performance management
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Excel is essential, functional knowledge of SAP or similar ERP also preferred, WMS, Track & Trace tools
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills. Able to communicate outcomes of analysis clearly and effectively.
- Great communication and influencing skills. Strong ability to negotiate with service suppliers.
- Previous people management experience.
On offer is a competitive salary/package and the chance to join this market-leading business in a leadership role with progression opportunities.