Up to c£45,000 + bonus
MVP’s client, a specialist manufacturing group, is currently looking to appoint a Warehouse & Logistics Manager for its operations in Gloucestershire. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible for all logistics activities including warehousing, storage and transport, managing and developing your team to ensure an excellent service is provided to the company’s customers.
- Effective despatch of orders to meet customer requirements within budget and to agreed targets
- Driving the Health & Safety culture within the logistics operations
- Managing department costs to budget
- Ensuring all transport operations are routed in the most effective way
- Legal compliance and management of systems controlling and operating an in-house transport operation
- Proactively managing a team of people to include recruitment, development, training, performance management etc
- Analysing KPIs to identify areas for improvement and development
You’ll have significant previous experience of successfully managing logistics operations, ideally within a busy and demanding distribution environment. You’ll also need:
- Excellent people management and leadership qualities in order to motivate and develop your team
- The ability to plan and deliver on targets with a continual emphasis on improving performance
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Holds a CPC National/International qualification
- Ideally – IOSH qualification
- Ability to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Strong IT skills and abilities
- A real desire to continually improve processes in order to impact efficiencies and service levels