Inventory / Stock Manager
West London – commutable from Feltham, Twickenham, Heathrow, Windsor
c£40 – 50,000 + benefits
Exciting opportunity to join a brand new logistics operation in a pivotal role with responsibility for all inventory management processes and procedures in a fast-moving warehouse environment.
Managing a small team, you’ll be responsible for meeting inventory goals and managing tracking systems, acting as a liaison with other departments. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate product inventory utilising efficient pick flows and storage controls
- Governance of SKU master data and batch control (FEFO & FIFO)
- Communication around stock issues and any potential impact on operations
- Conduct daily analysis to forecast potential inventory issues
- Delivery of inventory activities, cycle counting, auditing and product management
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Proactive team management; coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring Health and Safety policy and process is followed
- Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner (QC Checks)
- Ensure WMS is used effectively, providing training to support the warehouse operations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following experience and skills:
- Significant previous experience of inventory management, gained within a food or FMCG warehouse / distribution environment.
- WMS knowledge and experience.
- Good IT skills; Microsoft applications, strong abilities in Excel.
- Great communication skills – able to convey information clearly through appropriate channels – written and verbal, formal and informal.
- Strong numerical abilities; comfortable working with operational data.
- Previous people management experience – able to lead and develop your team.
- An attitude that is consistent, backed by a positive and energetic style that gets things achieved.
This role will offer you the opportunity to be in at the start of this fast-growing operation, bringing your previous experience to shape operational processes and be a part of a brand new team.