Location – c2-3 days per week in London with international travel
£Excellent package available
MVP’s multi-channel retail client is on a journey to transform its international retail operations as part of a wider group strategy to deliver growth in a challenging external environment. The company’s supply chain is at the heart of this change and there is a huge amount to deliver at pace; they are therefore looking to appoint a Logistics Development Manager, able to quickly understand sophisticated issues and create scalable solutions across all selling channels (Reatil, D2C and B2B including Marketplace).
In this role, you’ll play a pivotal part in the delivery of online fulfilment capacity growth, facilitating the ongoing development of fulfilment capabilities, both through distribution centre operations and store-based fulfilment activities. You’ll lead and drive the integration of logistics projects into retail and across the existing logistics network.
This is a key appointment, with a clearly defined progression route for the successful candidate.
- Identify opportunities and recommend logistics solutions to deliver the International growth ambition
- Develop logistics solutions to support continuous improvement, issue resolution and strategic change across all logistics channels
- Develop business cases including the operational and financial analysis and present in a way that drives clear decision making
- Complete RFPs to support detailed business case costing, evaluation of operational change and work with operational teams to ensure solutions design is optimal and meets requirements
- Deliver projects to agreed timescales, achieving expected outputs within budget
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining agreement regarding benefits and impacts to the business and customers
- Identification, monitoring and managing of project risks, including working with key stakeholders to agree mitigation strategies and escalations where necessary.
- Stakeholder management: Provide status updates to stakeholders - facilitate decision making to ensure critical path is kept
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong International Supply Chain and logistics experience covering both D2C and B2B, with an excellent understanding of what is required for best in class delivery operations.
- Strong strategic thinker with a bias for action and delivery
- The ability to work under pressure in an environment which values fast, impactful delivery
- Ability to set direction when dealing with ambiguity.
- Financially literate with high level of numeracy, analytical and reporting skills. Competent with PowerPoint and high proficiency with Excel.
- Comfortable working on numerous projects in parallel and at different stages.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and written) to initiate and build strong relationships across the business.
- Great stakeholder management skills across senior stakeholders, project teams and business leads; you’ll have the ability to listen, gather input, summarise and feedback requirements.
You’ll be a strategic thinker with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships – you’ll be able to integrate into the business with ease, adapting and hitting the ground running.You’ll be able to influence others to move towards a common vision in a changing environment.
This is a key role and there are clear opportunities for progression and further development.