£ Very competitive package including car allowance and excellent bonus opportunity
This major consumer delivery specialist is continuing on its journey to develop its UK operations to support future growth and deliver excellent service to its customers. As part of this transformation, it will be opening its brand new super hub in Barnsley later this year and is looking to appoint a talented operations management professional to lead the sortation operation at the hub.
Reporting to the Senior General Manager, you’ll proactively manage and sustain the delivery of a safe, legally compliant operation, planning operational resource, managing costs and demonstrating strong cost leadership ability.
You will also:
- Manage your direct reports and, indirectly, your wider team – carry out regular 1-2-1’s and weekly team meetings
- Identify training needs and manage staff performance, coaching and leading your managers
- Ensure the appropriate level of resource is assigned to cover all shifts in line with budget expectations
- Oversee the design and distribution of agency rotas
- Undertake daily shift briefings, promoting engagement and ensuring a full understanding of the operation and wider business objectives
- Develop a peak plan in line with forecasted volumes and/or changes in automation
- Undertake monthly H&S and quality meetings to ensure safe systems of work are in line with expectations
- Conduct daily floor walks to engage with staff, complete quality checks on processes and understand warehouse issues from the ground up
Experience and Skills Required:
You will be an experienced leader of fast-paced operations, ideally automated hub environments.You’ll also have:
- Proven track record of leading and motivating a high performing team
- Strong ability to build business knowledge and translate into working practices and procedures
- Able to lead and operate in a pressurised environment
- Able to demonstrate data led leadership and strong analytical abilities
- Good knowledge of H&S legislation and processes
- Ideally – Logistics or Business qualification
- The ability to inspire others; you’ll demand the highest standards of performance from both yourself and your teams
- Presence and confidence in order to make an immediate positive impression on others
- Ideally – CPC National / International (not essential)
This role will suit you if you’re a strong, process-led operations management professional looking for an opportunity to be in at the start of a major new site opening.