An excellent opportunity to join a major UK business, working with the site General Manager, and National HR Lead to improve the overall performance of this fast paced Distribution Centre, as well as contributing to the success of HR across the Distribution network.
The successful applicant will:
- provide complex employment law, company and site specific policy advice and support to colleagues and managers on a number of people related matters
- work with Management Teams to drive a reduction in absence-related costs and issues
- ensure recruitment processes are effective and co-ordinate the site Succession Plan, supporting the right people processes
- work with the Senior Management Team to develop and improve the performance of Warehouse and Transport Managers
- utilise MIS Reports and HR Activity Data to identify opportunities that improve site KPI’s and present findings
- support the site trade union Annual Wage Negotiation process
- work within the agreed terms of HR & Training related Supplier Contracts to ensure costs are controlled and/or reduced where possible
- have the ability to develop & deliver the site HR / People Plan
- provide a flexible HR service that supports operational needs and delivers excellent internal customer service
- network with the wider Distribution HR Teams and support with national HR projects as required
- develop and implement appropriate site specific HR policies that support/consult/negotiate any local agreements made with the Union
- consider the business risk when advising the Management Teams on employee relations / people issues
- raise awareness and understanding of best practice approach regarding employment law constraints
- manage, develop, support and coach the HR / Payroll Team
You will need:
- ideally to be a MCIPD or have a relevant HR qualification, although not critical if the individual has operated in a similar size/scale of business within the HR function
- a good understanding of employment law
- strong IT skills are essential with the ability to navigate and use SAP, Email, MS Word & Exel, etc.
- strength of character to influence and manage upwards and tenacity to fulfil requirements
- ability to prioritise, plan and organise a varied workload, with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
There will be some travel periodically between other distribution centres and pool car will be provided.