MVP is delighted to be partnering with an award-winning online retail business operating in the home improvements sector. As a pioneer in online retailing, they’ve seen accelerated growth over the past 12 months and have ambitious plans to grow the business further over the next two years.
They’re looking to add to their senior team with the appointment of a Head of UK Brands, whose role will be to oversee the ongoing delivery of purchasing strategy within the UK brand segment of their supplier portfolio. In this role, you’ll be responsible for “selling” the business to new brands and developing strong relationships with new and existing contacts, achieving optimal supplier performance and maximising trading margins.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Operating effectively as the conduit between the Chief Commercial Officer and Category Managers
- Responsible for two direct Category Management reports
- Providing motivation, training, coaching and support to fully develop a growing team
- Monitoring market trends, competitor strategies and branded supplier activity
- Managing branded supplier relationships and negotiating creatively to enhance commercial performance
- Directing and coordinating all activities involving the buying, pricing, selling and distribution of products
- Driving strategic buying decisions with data-driven insights aimed at delivering best value
- Reviewing performance data to measure productivity and performance against business objectives
- Determining areas requiring margin maximisation and process improvement, then acting upon them.
Experience & skills required:
- Strong experience in buying and merchandising
- Skilled negotiator and relationship-builder
- Excellent decision-making abilities
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Previous experience of people management – confident in managing a growing team
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work output
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Highly analytical – capable of interrogating, interpreting and presenting data to senior management
The business is actively looking for a proactive individual, who will be allowed a good deal of autonomy to deliver and shape this role.