An excellent opportunity to join a leading distributor, they are currently seeking a Head of Operations to support the Operations Director with the day to day management of the transport and warehouse operation, ensuring maximum efficiency at the lowest costs and highest level of customer and supplier satisfaction.
- Optimise the efficiency of the operation, including stock control, through the effective use of both IT and paper systems, identifying and addressing areas requiring improvement;
- Develop and lead the teams to deliver an efficient, effective warehouse and logistical operation that meets current/future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with strategic goals, through effective performance management;
- Oversee the Logistics operation, ensuring all projects are effectively planned and executed, a high standard of customer service is provided, sales are optimised, all relevant legislation is complied with, and internal accounting processes followed;
- Liaise with key personnel in other divisions to ensure event requirements are understood, jointly planned, effectively fulfilled and business opportunities are optimised;
- Ensure the highest standards of safety and hygiene are maintained at all times through the implementation of clear policies and procedures, effective induction and training, regular reviews and audits and the promotion of a positive attitude towards the resolution of all Health and Safety issues;
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of personally driving performance and service improvements achieving world class standards and operational excellence. A background in food would be of advantage.