MVP’s multi-channel retail client is on a journey to transform its online capabilities and customer experience and, at the heart of this journey, are its Ecommerce fulfilment operations. As this transformation gathers pace, they are now looking to appoint a Head of Ecommerce Fulfilment.
In this role, you’ll play a pivotal part in the delivery of online fulfilment capacity growth, facilitating the ongoing development of fulfilment capabilities, both through distribution centre operations and store-based fulfilment activities. You’ll lead and drive the integration of logistics projects into retail and across the existing logistics network.
This is a key appointment, with a clearly defined progression route for the successful candidate.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Lead on the online logistics operational improvement programme, improving the end to end flow of goods to store and customers, embedding ecommerce logistics principles and projects into retail.
- Drive the delivery of tactical ecommerce capacity options outside of established DC operations, aligning with long term volume plans and logistics strategies
- Own the delivery of the online cost to serve model for all routes to customer
- Work with multiple stakeholders to develop clear processes for operational in-store execution
- Support the set up and delivery of trials and pilots in store; agree the approach for roll out
- Drive full integration with the Digital Retail and Ecommerce teams
- Identify additional opportunities for operational fulfilment improvements
Experience and Skills Required:
You will have deep and recent knowledge and experience at mid to senior level of managing Ecommerce fulfilment operations; ideally, you will already be driving fulfilment development capabilities within either a multi-channel or pure play retail business, or a specialist fulfilment logistics provider.Your knowledge will include the latest best practice and developments.
You’ll be passionate about Ecommerce logistics and will be able to demonstrate how you’ve made significant improvements in fulfilment capability and capacity elsewhere.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, a natural influencer and will thrive on delivering positive change through a fast-moving business.