Location: Flexible, will require
£ Very competitive package including excellent bonus opportunity
This major consumer delivery specialist is continuing on its journey to develop its UK operations to support future growth and deliver excellent service to its customers. As this transformation continues, the business is now looking to add to its operational senior management team with the appointment of a Head of Depots for its network across the Central and Southern region.
Reporting directly to the UK board, and with P&L responsibility in excess of £35 million, you will proactively lead and develop all depot operations within your region, developing and implementing the strategic direction of the network’s expansion, whilst creating tactical plans to drive performance in line with agreed KPIs.
Key in this role will be the development of your direct reports – leading them to a position where they are adept at making commercial and operational decisions and offering key solutions.
Experience and Skills Required:
You will be an experienced leader of multi-site / regional large-scale logistics operations, comfortable operating at senior management level.You’ll also have:
- Experience of holding P&L accountability for multiple operations and at relevant scale
- Proven track record of delivering change in a sustainable way and with demonstrated commercial benefit
- Well developed people management abilities; proven skills in development, succession and performance management tools
- Strong commercial focus – able to evaluate the impact of decision making on other areas of the business
- Able to demonstrate data led leadership and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent level of operational knowledge, logistics industry legislative framework
- Strong and persuasive influencing skills
- The ability to inspire others; you’ll demand the highest standards of performance from both yourself and your teams
- Presence and confidence in order to make an immediate positive impression on others
- Confident and clear communication skills – able to present information at all levels up to and including executive board members
- Ideally – CPC National / International (not essential)
This role will suit you if you’re a natural influencer who thrives on delivering positive change through a fast-moving business via the people you manage.This is an excellent opportunity to join this successful business as it evolves further, with defined rewards for the successful individual.