What this role is:
An opportunity to take overall management responsibility for a fast-paced, multi-customer warehousing and distribution operation, leading and developing your team and driving consistently excellent performance. You’ll ensure that the business continues to deliver added value to its customers through continuous improvement initiatives, strong relationships and customer service excellence. Specific areas of accountability will include:
- Setting, managing and developing KPIs to deliver customer service excellence
- Driving continuous improvement within all warehouse and distribution operations at the site
- Managing and developing your team, identifying key individuals for the future
- Promoting and maintaining excellent Health and Safety standards
- Closely managing costs and delivering on budgeted profit margins for the operation
What you’ll bring to the table:
Previous experience of managing fast-moving, time-critical warehouse and distribution operations. Preferred experience is from within 3PL shared-user operations. Also:
- Exceptional management and leadership qualities in order to motivate, inspire and develop your operational teams.
- Cost-focused, experience of implementing operational efficiencies to reduce cost and ensure a lean operation whilst providing the best service possible to each client
- Strong influencing and motivational abilities.
- A strong commercial focus, with an instinctive “feel” for numbers and what is profitable.
- Previous experience of WMS systems. Excellent IT skills and analytical abilities
- Health & Safety driven – ideally with a recognised qualification (IOSH)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and evolving business that is experiencing sustained growth.