General Manager - Distribution
Commutable from Droitwich, Worcester, West Bromwich, Kidderminster and Redditch
Up to £60,000 plus benefits
An excellent opportunity to join our client’s distribution operation with key focus on warehouse and transport. The role will be to ensure that company service levels, safety and legal compliance are applied at all time.
- Manage the day to day warehousing and logistics operation organising and controlling costs of the centre’s resources to ensure maximum efficiency through effective management of people, assets, costs and productivity
- Responsible for budgetary control and KPI delivery for warehouse & distribution functions. Monitoring performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to meet the agreed performance levels
- Stock integrity ensuring that the Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with Company policies
- Organising and controlling the centres collection and delivery operations ensuring all delivery timings are achieved
- To ensure that all operational standards and policies and procedures within the centre are carried out effectively and meet both internal and external Quality/ISO requirements
- Drives a performance culture across the operation, to ensure focus on excellence is deployed and embedded throughout the function, active personal development planning and structured performance review processes are in place in order to ensure customers receive outstanding service at all times
- Developing operational roadmaps for warehouse and distribution to create a plan to outline "best in class" which can be implemented by applying LEAN principles
- Create and support training and development for management team, building a robust succession plan for all critical roles
The ideal candidate will have transport and warehouse management experience together with excellent people management skills. A CPC is required for this role, as well as a NEBOSH qualification.