This is a fantastic opportunity for a Timber Design Engineer to join a well-established leading bespoke, building manufacturer based in Southampton.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Contributing towards maximizing productivity
- Providing accurate, high standard, scaled drawings for assembly and installation
- To create 2D and 3D technical drawing for all stages of all projects
- Provide technical support to the shop floor
- Work with designers (internal and external) to understand and apply conditions and approval
- Help with estimating costs and application of knowledge of materials and engineering principals to check viability of new potential projects
- Risk management
In order to be considered for the Design Engineer role, you must:
- Have similar experience in previous role, preferable off-site construction
- Good knowledge of computer aided design and software and engineering design principals
- Be confident using AutoCAD, Autodesk Architectural, CATIA, PRO/ Engineer
- Understand manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Be able to prioritize and plan effectively, be good at time management
- Be able to meet deadlines
- A university degree would be advantageous
If you would like more information on the Design Engineer role, or to be considered for this role, please contact Connie Horgan at MVP Recruitment Solutions .
If you are a Design Engineer looking for a new challenge, but this role is not for you, please still get in touch to discuss other opportunities.