MVP’s client is a leading logistics business, operating UK based transport and warehousing solutions for their customers. They currently have an opportunity for a commercially-focused Depot General Manager with a successful track record of service delivery, safety, operational excellence and people development to manage distribution operations at a small site in Hertfordshire.
- Proactively managing and controlling all logistics operations, vehicles and drivers to clear financial and performance KPIs
- Ensuring maximum profitability from the fleet at the depot
- Leading operational improvement initiatives across the operation
- Proactively managing customer relationships and contracts
- Responsibility for provision of excellent H&S standards across the operation
- Experience of managing in a similar environment, specifically within a transport/distribution operation. Ideally from a multi-client 3PL / general haulage background.
- Previous experience of successfully managing people - motivated by developing others.
- A Transport Manager CPC qualification is essential.
- Able to deliver profits from the transport assets under your control.
- You will be used to being measured by KPIs and delivering results against targets.
- A recognised qualification in Health & Safety (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- Previous experience of P&L management, financial controls, preparation of complex budgets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for an autonomous management role within an established logistics business, with the chance for you to achieve excellent results through your teams.