Compliance Manager (Transport) – National Logistics Business
Essex – commutable from Dagenham, Romford, Basildon, Tilbury, Brentwood
Up to c£34,000 + benefits
Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your knowledge of transport and fleet operations and your strong organisational abilities to a role with an award-winning national logistics business? This national organisation provides logistics and supply chain management solutions to its blue-chip customer base and is experiencing sustained growth.
They’re now looking to appoint a Compliance Manager for their fleet operations at their site in Essex to take overall responsibility for providing control processes for fleet and driver compliance, ensuring adherence to legislation and operator license requirements. You’ll ensure that all staff are engaged and will drive a culture of continuous improvement across the transport operation.
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for maintaining the highest standards of vehicle compliance, presentation, security and cleanliness.
- Train, motivate and mentor the driving team in order to ensure they consistently achieve departmental KPIs
- Manage and arrange Driver CPC training
- Ensure drivers are fully compliant with working hours regulations
- Accident and incident management and reporting, including thorough investigation
- Involvement in disciplinary and grievance processes
- Ensure that the business is kept informed of any risks to maintaining its Operating License, including any prohibitions, tacho infringements and maintenance requirements.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
This role will suit you if you have in-depth knowledge of transport operations, ideally with some previous team management experience. A CPC for Transport Managers qualification is actively preferred. Aside from this, you’ll also need:
- Very strong organisational abilities
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good IT and systems skills to include MS Excel and Word, as well as TMS
- Up to date, detailed knowledge of legislation relating to the operation of commercial vehicles
- Enthusiasm, positivity and a focus on continuous improvement
- Able to work effectively with a variety of internal departments and stakeholders