Brexit Logistics Implementation Manager
9-month FTC opportunity
UK – flexible location
c£75,000 pro-rata + benefits
MVP’s retail client has an immediate requirement for a Logistics Implementation Manager with food sector experience to join its International Supply Chain Division. You will be responsible for defining and implementing its operational logistics solution for Brexit for export and import processes for the UK and Europe.
- Design and deliver a Brexit export solution from relevant UK depots to EU partners.
- Keep updated with industry and government Brexit updates to ensure all process design is based on the most up to date information
- Work with the project team to design and implement operational and administrative solutions to ensure product can be handled and exported as efficiently as possible
- Work with the existing logistics team and nominated 3PLs to understand how the supply chain works currently, and what changes are required to ensure food can be exported once the UK has left the EU
- Work with and influence the up-stream foods supply chain solution to understand how product will be presented to the export depots.
- Work with the technical team to understand the product checks that are required for export and how these will work operationally at the depots.
- Work with the data team to ensure depots will have access to the relevant data to ensure all export processes and documentation can be completed.
- Provide clarity on the logistics costs of the new solution and how these will be tracked
- Understand the information that is required, and the flow of data needed for import, if differing by partner/market
- Ensure there is a link with each import agent to ensure the relevant data is available to them
- Provide regular and structured updates to the project team
- Take a lead role in the go-live implementation team. Requirement to work within despatch depots
- Ensure learnings are captured from go-live and ultimately the project is signed off into BAU state in Q1 2021
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Food Warehouse & Transport operations – experience of managing warehouse operations for a retailer / FMCG (essential)
- Logistics systems & data flow understanding
- Knowledge of International export/import processes and systems.
- 3PL relationship management
- Project Management
- Logistics network design
- Open-book cost management
- Ideally - previous experience of working on Brexit solution design projects
- Previous experience of working with international partners/across a multi-national business