East Midlands-based with UK travel
Salary c£30,000 + benefits
Great career development opportunity
An exciting opportunity to join a major retailer in a key phase of their business transformation and mission to become one of the major players in online fulfilment.
You will support the implementation and delivery of defined elements within an assigned work stream, as part of the project management of a portfolio of engineering projects across the distribution network in the UK.
In this role you will:
- Interpret business data and customer requirements to support the development of project deliverables
- Support the Engineering Project Manager and Project Engineer in reviewing solutions related to internal network strategy, providing input where appropriate
- Review detailed specifications and technical drawings
- Monitor supplier performance against agreed milestones and report progress
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to manage ambiguity
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong educational background in an Engineering or Logistics discipline – degree / apprenticeship to HND level or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year’s work experience relevant to this role
- High degree of pragmatic intellect
- Effective and clear communication skills – able to influence peer group and stakeholders
- Previous experience in FMCG, Manufacturing, Retail operational environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Full UK driving license and flexible approach to working geographically – able to travel and stay away as appropriate
This role is a development opportunity, with defined career progression available for the successful candidate within a truly dynamic business.