Excellent salary available + car allowance
Monday to Friday 10:00 – 18:00
Are you an experienced manager of distribution operations looking for a fresh challenge? MVP is partnering with an award-winning, innovative business to recruit an Assistant Operations Manager for a busy and growing storage and distribution site in West London.
In this role, you’ll proactively manage all operations at the site, providing effective leadership and ensuring your teams are engaged and empowered to deliver an effective, compliant and cost-focused operation across both warehousing and transport teams. This role will be right for you if you’re someone who is passionate about continually developing and improving the operations under your control.
- People Management – develop your direct reports and teams by recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring to deliver outstanding results
- Provide effective management of resource to maximise vehicle utilisation
- Manage driver training requirements
- Operations – manage the day-to-day transport operation in a cost-effective manner; overseeing and making changes to the daily plan in line with changing demands. Report on and contribute to strategic plans.
- Be integral in day-to-day operations, liaising with customers and depots.
- Accountable for the warehouse operation via your team.
- Compliance – maintain a high standard of vehicle compliance, presentation, security and cleanliness
- Health & Safety – maintain and enforce standards and procedures. Lead and develop a culture of best-in-class Health & Safety practice across warehouse and transport operations
- Financial Reporting – creation of weekly P&L accounts
- Site Systems & Processes – develop systems by reviewing product handling, storage and transport requirements; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, inventory management, despatch and delivery
- Reporting - produce KPI and financial data reports
Experience & skills required:
- Previous experience of managing fast-paced distribution / transport / warehouse operations – ideally in a 3PL environment / pallet network environment
- Very strong people and team management experience and abilities – able to develop a high-performing team
- CPC for Transport Managers qualification
- Natural leadership skills and abilities
- Confident and capable of presenting to the senior management team
- Health & Safety – excellent current knowledge of H&S legislation and standards and strong focus on embedding a robust Health & Safety culture within your teams
- Previous experience of contributing to and managing budgets - ideally
- Strong organisational and planning abilities
- Passionate about delivering excellence in the operations under your control
- Able to be flexible and hands-on within the operation
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, growing and evolving business that is experiencing sustained growth.